Services Performed by Newby Law Office
Newby Law Office offers a complimentary initial consultation for personal injury and expungement issues.
I experienced your uniquely amazing combination of thoughtful analysis, compelling court room presentation, and patient handling of my often impetuous outlooks. All in all, Debra, a memorable exposure to the best that a lawyer can be.”
Primary practice areas include:
- Automobile accidents
- Injured pedestrians
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Trip/Slip and Fall
- Toxic Exposures (mold, carbon monoxide, etc.)
- Wrongful Death
- Dog Bites
- Property Liability
- Farm Accidents
- Insurance Disputes
- Expungements (Clearing Criminal Records - Northern California only)
Samples of past clients' cases include:
- 28-year old pregnant woman who was involved in two automobile accidents within six months of each other (T-boned and rear-ended). Issues arose as to which collision caused injuries. Case settled before trial.
- Family of three who suffered carbon-monoxide poisoning due to faulty water heater in leased apartment complex. Case resolved in Mediation and college fund set up for minor child.
- Two college students (boyfriend and girlfriend) who were passengers and killed in a one-car accident. Case settled for policy limits and college/memorial fund established in their name.
- Bicyclist who crashed on an unmarked speed bump and broke his clavicle and three ribs. Case settled in Mediation.
- Pedestrian who was struck in an unmarked crosswalk. Case settled for 1 million.
- Business Owner who suffered "soft-tissue" injury to his wrist when a French door fell on him at Home Depot. Case settled in Mediation.
- 42-year old woman who broke her ankle when falling down an unlighted stairway. Case settled on court house steps.
- 26 year old whose nose was "nipped" from a dog-bite. Case settled for $75,000. (Nose healed)